usb of the mac/multi usb that I attach to it/loose/solution?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 7,1 2.4 GHz, 2 GB ram
I'm not sure if it's the usb of the mac or the usb of the multi usb that I attach to it but the attachment is loose. Is there a way, a usb tool to make the contact more tight? Do they exist?
It's so annoying to see hard drives or pendrives messages saying to eject them properly.
Thank you

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I'm sure you must have a few other USB connected cables you can use to check if it is the USB port on your computer that's loose. Any cable with a USB-A connection will do.
As you mention multiple devices, pendrives and hard drives, unless you connect them via a hub and they are all loose then you have pretty much verified it's the computer port.
If it is the computer USB port there is little, apart from an expensive replacement, that you can do.
If it is a hub with a fixed able connection you may be able to tighten it's USB plug a little but great care must be taken not to damage the plug. Essentially you need to squeeze the plug with a pair of long nose pliers. It only needs a tiny bit of compression. I'm sure that there would be YouTube clips on how to do this.

Last edited:

krs

Reaction score
I have the same problem on one USB port on one MacBook Air.
I thought one can very gently pry upthe two bottom springs in the USB port to make the connetion more snug - but I have not tried that yet.
Seen videos on line where that is done.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.