unwanted pitch change in Logic, Garage Band...

Reaction score
Hi
I'm using Logic and Garage Band and recently, I've been been experiencing a real problem which has made making music virtually impossible. The pitch of some instruments changes abruptly and randomly ( so it seems, at least, although I know nothing is really random in computers...) and cannot be fixed in any way. Do suppose I record/Write a few parts in, say, C, when I play them back, some will change pitch (generally by a major second downwards, but not very accurately) for a while and get back to normal after a while then change again. Just like if the power from the socket was not constant and the sound was shifting accordingly, up and down as the voltage fluctuates. It's not that, though, since some instruments are seemingly not affected. Long story short, I can't figure out what is going on. First time in fifteen years. And a royal pain. Anyone got an idea?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 5.1 3.1 2.1 iMacs,Minis,Lampshade,G4,G3 desktops ColorClassic (PPC),etc
Maybe something changing the sample rate???
(Project settings-audio)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 5.1 3.1 2.1 iMacs,Minis,Lampshade,G4,G3 desktops ColorClassic (PPC),etc
So did you solve it???

OP
R
Reaction score
So did you solve it???
No, I did not. I just changed software and started using Sibelius, but it's not at all the same. So I'm back on Logic and it's just the same and I'm going crazy. I notice that NOBODY except you has cared to answer. Maybe I'm just the only one... Thanks anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.