Unable to access network drive

Reaction score
I have a network drive that I used to access just fine for months, we switched offices and it went unused for several months. Now when I try to plug it back in, I am able to login just fine but none of the data is visible, I only see the root folders Goflex Home Backup/Personal/Public. When I try to create a new folder in any folder or copy anything new onto it I get the message "The operation can't be completed because you don't have the necessary permission."

Anyone have any clue what could have happened/how to solve it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Can you select the drive with the Finder and use the Get Info for it and check the the box to enable the 'Ignore ownership on this volume' option???

Or are there more problems as well??

OP
A
Reaction score
Well when I right click to get info I get
General
Kind Mac
Where Network

More info
Fetching(never gets anything)

And that's all.

I think I remember that it used to recognize the drive as a PC though, not mac. Also, I know that the data is still there somewhere, at some point when I first ran into this problem I somehow was able to see that the disk had space taken/available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
It sounds like a proper NAS drive of which I know very little, so maybe some Mac NAS guru will come to your aid.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.