Time Machine with a Power Hub

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini (Late 2014), MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2016)
I have installed macOS Monterey Version 12.6 on my Mac mini (Late 2014). I run automatic Time Machine backups to an independently powered external desktop HDD directly connected to one of the mac USB ports. I would like to implement Time Machine backup to multiple (two) disks to reduce my risk in the event of a hardware failure. Unfortunately, the limited number of USB ports on the mac prevents my directly attaching two disks. I have a very stable, independently powered, Dyconn USB Power Hub to which I regularly connect an SSD for backups with Carbon Copy Cloner. Should I expect to be able to successfully implement Time Machine backup to two disks using the Power Hub rather than direct connect?

OP
bladerunner714
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini (Late 2014), MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2016)
Implemented my Time Machine backup to two disks using the Power Hub this morning. All is well in the garden. Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.