Time Capsule wifi speed

Reaction score
First time using the forum. I'm interested in tech, but I wouldn't say I'm tech savvy. I have a 4th gen TC with output speed whether wifi or ethernet is 50-94 down and 9-12 up. I have comcast 250 via cable and I get about 230 down and 11-13 up from my ArrisSB6141 if I wire it to my iMac with wifi not changing. Is this normal or should I be getting closer to the 230 down? I'm a foot away from my TC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
If you have an Ethernet cable from the comcast router to the TC, you should be getting close to the router speed, have you tried this setup? Or is the TC being used to increase the distance of your home Wi-Fi?

OP
R
Reaction score
ferrarr, thanks for taking the time to check out my situation.
My Arris SB6141 (modem only) is not a comcast item just comcast compatible. I have had the modem direct to the TC using cat5e cable and the wifi was max 94/12. I also tried that setup and added a cat5e from the TC output to my imac which had the same 94/12 max. Seems like maybe the router portion of my TC isn't working as it should or could this be a setup or firmware problem?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.