Thunderbolt 4: The Only USB-C Cable You Will Ever Need?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
If you’ve ever accidentally bought a cable for your Thunderbolt or USB-C device and found it didn’t work, or it performed poorly, or made things slower – OWC Thunderbolt 4 / USB-C cables will be a gamechanger for you. I’m Michele for Rocketyard. Let’s talk about why you should buy OWC Thunderbolt 4 / USB-C cables.

The post Thunderbolt 4: The Only USB-C Cable You Will Ever Need? appeared first on Rocket Yar

Click here to view the article...

The Tunderbolt (TB) standard has now gone through 3 'upgrades' as described below - as in the quote and the pic, the TB ports for 1 & 2 are incompatible w/ the USB C/TB 3/4 port - so my questions: 1) Will this new cable be of any benefit to use w/ my iPad Pro w/ a USB-C port; and 2) My older laptops have TB 2 ports and assuming a T2>T3/4 adapter is available, is there any benefit, i.e. the old TB port will run on the 'lesser' specs in the laptops - correct? Thanks - Dave

Thunderbolt is the brand name of a hardware interface developed by Intel (in collaboration with Apple) that allows the connection of external peripherals to a computer. Thunderbolt 1 and 2 use the same connector as Mini DisplayPort (MDP), whereas Thunderbolt 3 and 4 re-uses the USB-C connector from USB. Source
TB3_USBC_blogPost_img2_2048x2048.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.