The Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a couple of questions pertaining to the thread title of this post:

1. I am on a Turbo Home Network package capable of 300Mbps, I understand that the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter is suitable for a "high performance Gigabit Ethernet network" and its RJ45 port supports "10/100/1000BASE-T networks." Does this mean using this adapter to connect my MacBook Pro to the Internet will deliver the maximum turbo speed of 300Mbps?
2. From researching online, I see Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet as well as Thunderbolt 3 to Gigabit Ethernet adapters. Is there no such thing as Thunderbolt 2 to Gigabit Ethernet adapters? I asked because I have two Thunderbolt 2 ports on my Macbook Pro, or is the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter the one for me?

MacBook11,2.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Thunderbolt 1 and 2 have the same port. So the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet should work. Thunderbolt 3 seems to have assimilated to the USB-C port.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.