Taking the plunge

Reaction score
Bought my wife a new 13 inch mac pro book and know it is my turn. This week I am going to buy a 27 inch Imac. It it worth upgrading from the I5 to the I7, ITb or 2Tb. I will be having 8Gb RAM? Does anyone think they will come out with a new model anytime soon, what about antiglare screen on new models? Sorry for all the questions. My wife and I have left our PC's for Mac. I have been loving her laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I have been loving her laptop.
I'd be paying more attention to her if I were you. ;)

It never pays to try to predict when Apple will release new models. Just get the latest at the time of your need. It will work for you for many years to come.

Dive in!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Is it worth the 200 bucks for I7 over I5?
It depends on what you are using your computer for. Are you a light computer user or a heavy user? Most people don't need the top of the line computers.

The hard drives on iMacs are kind of hard for the user to replace so if you think you will fill it up quickly then you should get a large hard drive. 1 TB is a lot of space though and if you are a light computer user then you probably won't fill it up that quickly.

The iMacs don't have an antiglare option. Only the Apple notebooks have antiglare and even then only the 15" and 17" notebooks do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Nice looking photos, are you using photoshop?
Thanks. My answer to your question is yes and no. Some images I use Photoshop to enhance what is already there while others are good as is. People forget there is a lot you can do before the days of digital and Photoshop...but now we are getting off topic. Thanks for looking though. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.