synthetic voice copy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mini M1 16 gig and Air 2018 8 gig
I use Piezo app for recording audio off my browser. It works great for saving mp3 audio of lectures and any other spoken word stuff I want to listen to later or in the car...
I have this one website that I like for its lectures but the pastor who speaks has a voice that sounds like he is mumbling all the time. Incredibly irritating.
But his sermons are very interesting. Is there an app that can listen to an mp3 and revise it word for word with a synthetic voice of my choice..?
That would be great...what do you know??

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You could use a Speech to Text application and then a Text to Speech to change the voice.

So you'll need 3 apps for it.

krs

Reaction score
You could also try to use Audacity.
That software has a number of options that can manipulate speech and maybe make that 'mumbling' clearer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
You could use a Speech to Text application and then a Text to Speech to change the voice.

It would be interesting to discover if the Speech to Text application would be able to interpret his mumbling???

I have been using Voice in a commercial Google Chrome extension, but I think they have a free version that lacks something that I cannot remember, and I find it extremely accurate even in cases of poor or faint diction.

Unfortunately, it only works with Google Mac products but I don't find that as a problem.

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.