Synching iPod

Clarkie

Reaction score
My Classic 160mb is not being recognised by my iMac running 16.2.6

Using new cable.

Stopped mid way through rest, so no songs on iPod, but all folders listed and settings look good

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Firstly, a warm welcome to Mac-Forums.

May I just clarify: you say your iMac is running 16.2.6? I think you mean that yours is a 4K 21.5", Late 2015 iMac.

When we talk about the Mac "running" something we are referring to the Operating System (OS). :) ;)

So it would be helpful if you gave us that info, please.

As regards your problem:

It could be a faulty cable, but you've tried a new one - I assume it's the appropriate cable - best of all a Mac cable rather than a third party one? Third party cables can be unreliable.

It could be a problem with your iPod; they are very old, having been discontinued a good few years ago.

So, for the moment, let's have your OS and some detail re the cable, please.

Ian

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@Clarkie

How are you getting on with the problem? I'm awaiting your response to my questions:)

Ian

OP
C

Clarkie

Reaction score
@Clarkie

How are you getting on with the problem? I'm awaiting your response to my questions:)

Ian
Replied yesterday at 10:07

My iMac is late 2015 on OS Monterey 16.2.6 as you sussed.
I have also tried 2 other cables which do work on other devices i.e. They allow me to charge other devices.
The computer does not recognise any USB, but I have not experienced any other problems on the iMac.

Regards,
Clarkie

OP
C

Clarkie

Reaction score
Should have read Computer running on macOS Monterey version 12.6.2.

appologies,

Clarkie

adamgreen

Reaction score
Hi!
I think that it could be a problem with the USB port on your iMac. If the other cables work on other devices but not your iMac, it's possible that the USB port on your iMac is damaged or malfunctioning.
So, you should reset the SMC on your iMac.
Try resetting the NVRAM. Or you can try reinstalling the macOS.
Or... it may be time to take your iMac to an Apple Store or authorized repair center for further assistance =/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.