Surplusmeter problem on mac 10.6

Reaction score
hi there,
i recently changed my internet plan which includes a "limited" bandwidth usage
so i digged around with bandwidth monitoring apps availble for my imac "10.6.8", its like searching for a needle in a haystack!!
many apps were not compatible with my OS version so i got this app "Surplusmeter" which is supposed to be easly used...
the problem is that IT IS NOT MONITORING ANY THING!

i just open the app and everything is "0" like this...
Screen shot 2015-09-23 at 3.50.26 PM.png

notice that i've downloaded 5 GBs so far and nothing is recorded or archived there....
i know that this version of app has another silent app working on background to monitor even if i closed the app, and it is supposed to be in the login items of my account, now i find it there not checked, and everytime i check it and close the system preferences it is unchecked for unknown reason....
Screen shot 2015-09-23 at 3.50.48 PM.png

now i guess why it is not working and i am stuck here....even other apps for bandwidth usage monthly ARE NOT COMPATIBLE with my version of imac "10.6"
HELP!
is there another alternative apps?
i am not planing for updating my OS soon...

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
First question is that are you using WiFi or Ethernet cable to connect to the Internet? If WiFi, you might want to select the right option in the SurplusMeter drop-down on the top right to make sure it monitors the right thing..

The second thing you can do is to login to your ISP's website and monitor your consumption routinely. If they are going to offer a limited/metered plan, they have to offer you a way of tracking how much you are using..

Reaction score
Also, SurplusMeterAgent doesn't need to be checked because it's a background app already and doesn't need to be hidden.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Quite often service providers have a usage metre on their web site, or even a downloadable app showing usage.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.