• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Standing desk contemplation... You use one or have recommendations?

Reaction score
As the title states, I'm looking for a standing desk for home. Since the pandemic started causing work from home, I'm doing alot more sitting than I used too. Used to work from an 8' adjustable tech bench and small desk. So now that I'm missing more of the standing work function and mobility, I'm looking for a standing desk, main search source right now has been Amazon, as I have some spending credit there.... but I see alot of terrible reviews as far as the mechanical aspect or the desk itself wobbles! I have a quad-monitor stand, so the desk having a wobble is out of the question. Do any you have a standing desk that you use, or maybe just a tall desk that is sturdy and does the job! Thanks for the help guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
This is what I've got and it's honestly as sturdy as they get, but you do pay for it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not a bad price considering what you get. My executive desk that I use for my home office and computer equipment costs much more than the Steelcase desk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Yeah, it was the first time I bought a desk not made out of particle board and allen bolts so the price just seemed inflated comparatively. I asked our facilities people at work what kind of desks we were using, because on a short-pile carpet they don't wobble at all, even better on a hard floor, and it's been a winner ever since I got it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), Apple Watch: IPad Mini 3: Iphone 12 Pro
Hi-

I use a Versa Desk at work (Versa Desk) and I like it because its adjustable and I can sit or stand when I want.

Allison

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.