Spiral text.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I am trying to find out how to create spiral text for some cards I want to do. I normally use Open Office and don't have and can't qualify buying M/soft Word. I remember that I use to do it on M/soft Publisher.

Any ideas please folks?

Reaction score
What you want to do, to the best of my knowledge, can't be done in a word processor.

What you want is either a page layout program, or a specialized program for manipulating text along a curve that you define (i.e. it does vector graphics). I suppose most "drawing" programs (as opposed to "paint" programs) would do the job too.

An inexpensive, but quite good, page layout program is:

Swift Publisher

Review (4.5 out of 5 mice!):

There is a whole long list of desktop publishing apps for the Mac, and I'd be happy to give it to you if you like. I don't know which ones in particular might suit your needs best. This one is very popular among professionals:

Affinity Publisher

Affinity – Professional Creative Software

Here is a free vector drawing program:

Inkscape

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
John:

I agree with Randy about Apple's Pages. It's quite capable of doing layout work.

Another program that I have used for bulletins and layout work is "iStudio Publisher" which is very similar to MS Publisher.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Thank you for the links gents. I haven't had much chance to look at your links yet, but tomorrow??

I used the spiral text on birthday cards I did for friends and family birthdays and it's quite amusing to watch as they spin the card round to read it :devilish: .The next is our neighbour next Friday !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.