sort albums/playlists manually in itunes

Reaction score
Hi, I’m trying to figure out how to manually sort full albums in itunes/Apple Music. Could you please help?

I want to manually sort it so that I can create a list of “next albums to listen to” that is easy to manually re-sort and move albums to the top of the list when I want to listen to them soon (or lower on the list when I don’t want to listen to them for a while).

I know that I can make a playlist, and add albums to the playlist. But there are 2 problems with this :

1. The only way it allows me to manually sort songs is by viewing the albums in individual song list view. Which makes the list very long and more difficult to manually sort and view. When in album view, it doesn’t let me resort it.

2. It automatically puts new albums on the bottom of the list. This list is going to get very long over time, so its not practical to scroll down to the bottom of the list for the albums that I most recently add to the list. I want the albums I most recently add to go to the top of the list.

Is this possible? How can I do this?

Thanks, Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks MightGem. Maybe its possible with a different app instead of itunes (that can still use apple music)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Maybe, but I couldn't say.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.