solar wireless camera

Reaction score
Hello
Sign of the times.
looking for a solar powered wireless camera to use with my Mac Book Pro
I know that someone out there has been down this road.
and the dollars are tight, for me..
so something with maybe 30 or 40 ft, with good night optics.
Best
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
For surveillance or what? Much more information needed, including where you are. I run a 'plug & play' (no power supply) outdoor dome camera linked to a DVR and viewable via wifi on my MBP, iPhone and iPad. Made by HikVision, available worldwide. Purchase & installation @ £400 http://www.hikvision.com/europe/Products_accessries_755_i33096.html

Full colour in daylight, B&W at night time, fantastic resolution.

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 18.54.40.jpg

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks Badshoe
In Los Angeles... for outside surveillance... would prefer wireless
I'll check out the one you have..
best

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
The camera I above IS wireless but it has to be plugged into the dvr (through the wall) to record live images. Set up is: Camera > DVR (with adequate hard drive) > wifi signal > view on Mac. Your home wifi works because devices pick up a signal from your router, ditto a cctv camera but a surveillance camera is useless unless you can record and backtrack.

This was more difficult to set up on Mac than Windows.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.