Softmaker Office On Sale For Only $40 !

Reaction score
We've talked about FreeOffice (an exceptional office suite very similar to Microsoft Office, but FREE) several times here on MILO:

www.freeoffice.com - FreeOffice for Windows, Mac and Linux

If you haven't tried it, and you were considering upgrading to a newer version of Microsoft Office, I highly recommend that you give FreeOffice a try first. (Since it's free, and it may meet all of your needs.)

If you like FreeOffice, you should know that there are two step-up commercial versions of FreeOffice called Softmaker Office.The paid versions don't necessarily offer anything that you really *need*. The just offer some additional features that are nice to have.

The differences tend to be things like a commercial spell checking dictionary instead of an open source one, customizable ribbons, charting and outlining ability, etc.

You can see a comparison of the three versions here:

Comparison: FreeOffice and SoftMaker Office

If you are interested in the commercial version of Softmaker Office, now is the time to act. Until this Sunday, the Professional version (usually $100) is going for only $40 (at $40 it is even cheaper than the intermediate version.):

Current promotion

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't see the $40 offer on their site. (clicking on your link) All it shows is that you get a free copy of Paintshop Pro for Windows. The upgrade price for Softmaker Office Pro from a previous version is $59.95.

BTW, this is the same offer they have been sending me for the past several weeks. (I own a copy of Softmaker Office 2018.)

OP
Randy B. Singer
Reaction score
I don't see the $40 offer on their site. (clicking on your link)

Yep. Even though the deal was there three hours ago, and it said that it was good until Sunday, it doesn't show now.

I've seen this before. The last time this happened the person who wanted the deal just contacted Softmaker and they were happy to give him the special price.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.