So i bought an imac on the 6th September and now theres a new one

Reaction score
I just bought my first imac on the 6th September and now they have just released a new one. Which i really want (quad-core). Is there anything I can do, like trade it in at the apple shop? or ask if they'll swap it at a cost?

Regards, James

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I just bought my first imac on the 6th September and now they have just released a new one. Which i really want (quad-core). Is there anything I can do, like trade it in at the apple shop? or ask if they'll swap it at a cost?

Regards, James
No, you can't exchange or swap it as you are well past the 14 day limit.

However, you can just enjoy the machine you did purchase as it is an extremely capable and excellent computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I'll second that. I'd be shocked if your almost 2-month-old iMac was unable to do something that you'd like to do. Enjoy! ...and congrats!

Reaction score
That's technology for you. I am still using my white Macbook from 2007, and it does pretty much whatever that I need it to do. Sure, the outer casing is cracked in a few places and the battery is screwed, but everything else works nicely. As long as it serves your purpose, I don't see why you should be upset over your purchase.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I agree. I purchased our MacBook early in 2008 and it still serves our needs very well. When Apple care runs out in 2011, we'll consider purchasing another one which will be more advanced but will quickly be outmoded... :)

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Only option you have is to sell your current iMac and put the money you get toward a new one.

Reaction score
Same with my old macbook coreduo of 2006 ... he can still handle all my every day stuff ... except but I am not sure from where it comes:
- Sometimes it has some issues with Skype (but it seems to depend on the guy I talk to...)
- With Netflix streaming (but now that it will be possible from the PS3 .. I do not care anymore)
- And except 2 strange issues (that must be only on my computer):
+ OpenOffice which displays so small font that I cannot read them (yeah the font used in the menus and internally by OO, not the one I write in the documents)
+ Internet or Wireless connection which sometimes drop when Skype is on ... (but still always with only a few people...)

Enjoy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
Thats what I did, I broguht a new iMac in march, spent $3000 and then sold it this week on eBay for $1500 :(

But I brought a new iMac last weekend so I just kept reminding myself that it was all worth it hehe :)

It really was though!

Reaction score
pc technology dates much faster than mac technology, I am running a pc that I built like 5 years. it still does EVERYTHING I want, fast. Yes there are faster processors and motherboards out there, however, I can edit photos, rip dvd's and everything else just fine. So, your 6 month old imac would be more than fine for anything really. one of my friends is a professional graphic artist, he's still using his G4 powerbook to do his work, thats the cool thing about apple, the technology ages very well.

Reaction score
I just bought a 24'

I am finding this quite therapeutic. I bought a 24’ from an Apple authorised agent 2 working days before the launch of the 27’. Alas the agent will not give me an upgrade as I switched it on. I should have gone direct to Apple. Although I know the 24’ is a great machine my first experience with Apple has been tainted.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If still within the 14 day period, would suggest you call Apple today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27"| iPhone 4
I also kind of did this. Bought a 24" yesterday without realizing the 27" was out, luckily PC world will swap them over for me as soon as they get the 27" in stock.

Reaction score
I just bought a 24'

I phoned Apple both here in the UK and US. I have had it 10 days.. Apple say they can not help as I did not buy it direct from them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2005 G4 Mini & 2014 Mini & 2020 M1 Mini
That imac will be good for 6 years. I also have a 2006 1,1 macbook using Snow Leopard that still has outstanding performance except for battery. I also have a new mini bought in Sept; I love it and it doesn't bother me that the new one is better. I say keep it and be happy. If you sell it and buy the new one, guess what, In six months or less their will be a better one.

Reaction score
Cool Thanks, I am trying not to let this bother me which is tricky as it was such a big purchase, I know you are right though..

Reaction score
use it and be happy, the new one is just a little bigger in screen size. you would probablly never notice the difference in speed. use it and enjoy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.