Silent Mode for trackpad on my MacBook Pro 13" 2015

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i7 MacBook Pro 13 inch 2015
Hello guys.
Since yesterday night, my MacBook Pro has been acting a bit weird. I was watching a movie and randomly, the trackpad started making a weird noise (has if clicking was activated, even though it isn't). So I went in the settings to toggle on/off the clicking of the magic trackpad but it didn't change anything. Right now, the sound of my trackpad is almost the same when it's on or off. I may be a little detail but when I'm in a silent room, it really obsesses me.

My MacBook is still under warranty as I bought it refurbished from Apple on May 1st last year (so only a couples of days left). I ran a Apple Diagnostic by holding the "D" key when starting up but everything seems fine there.

Has this happen to anyone ? Could it be a software problem as this MacBook is using a Magic trackpad ? I don't want to stay with that problem much longer because my warranty will finish soon so it could brings new problems later when it's off warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Get it back to Apple - nothing to lose.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Make an appointment at the closest Apple Genius Bar. They can run hardware diagnostics on it for no charge. See what they say and go from there.

Also, start looking online for discounted AppleCare + for your MBP, well worth the investment.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i7 MacBook Pro 13 inch 2015
Please explain to me how you can buy discounted apple care. Don't you have to buy it directly from apple with your s/n and everything ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please explain to me how you can buy discounted apple care. Don't you have to buy it directly from apple with your s/n and everything ?

No, not true. Authorized Apple resellers also sell Apple Care. The best price we have found is from B&H Photo in New York City.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
+1 for B&H Photo. I've purchased 2 AppleCare items from them at good discounted prices.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.