Showering with Apple Watch

Reaction score
Picked me up a Apple Watch today and have done a ton of looking online about showering with it. Just wondering if I can hear from anyone who has actually had one fail from showering. Thanks in advance btw. Mine is a SS 42mm version. Nice feel. Liking it so far. Mostly for it for the neatly apps

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
I went through the effort of reading about the water resistance of the Apple Watch which i mentioned. I might add very few watches are waterproof however there is a good bunch water resistant. Including my g-shock which is resistant to 20bar. However many many many people shower with there apple watches including Tim Cook. I have seen many say they have had no problems but haven't seen any that said they have. Which is why I created the thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
It is your money good luck! Quote from the link:-

Can I go swimming or take a shower with my Apple Watch?

Submerging your Apple Watch isn't recommended. Water resistance isn't a permanent condition, and your Apple Watch can't be rechecked or resealed for water resistance. The following may affect the water resistance of your Apple Watch and should be avoided:
Dropping your Apple Watch or subjecting it to other impacts.
Submerging your Apple Watch in water for long periods of time.
Swimming or bathing with your Apple Watch.
Exposing your Apple Watch to pressurized water or high velocity water, for example, showering, water skiing, wake boarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on.
Wearing your Apple Watch in a sauna or steam room.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
RustProofCorn

Please tell me you don't sleep in it as well!!

Get yourself a Tag Heuer Aquaracer - waterproof to 300 metres. I have one - pity I can't swim... :D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
However many many many people shower with there apple watches including Tim Cook.

I bet Tim Cook has a pretty easy time getting his iWatch repaired/replaced!;)

- Nick

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
I have been wearing a watch for 20-30 years never having to remove my watch for showers. I have no desire to use my watch in the shower and I am taking it off. I was more worried about if I forget due to habit is my watch gonna be ruined.

I am wondering if anyone has been in the shower the watch and then after the watch was toast.

Last edited by a moderator:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have been wearing a watch for 20-30 years never having to remove my watch for showers. I have no desire to use my watch in the shower and I am taking it off. I was more worried about if I forget due to habit is my watch gonna be ruined.

I think that you're doing the safe & prudent thing not wearing your Apple watch in the shower:)…but at the same time I can completely understand how after 20-30 years of wearing watches in the shower…there could certainly be the occasional accident (not removing the Apple watch before showering).

Here are some links on the topic. In the 2nd link some testers actually tried to make the Apple watch fail. Seems that a lot of folks are doing it (showering with an Apple watch) without any catastrophes::)

https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleWatch/comments/3wdnlb/how_many_of_you_shower_with_your_apple_watch/
http://9to5mac.com/2015/04/24/apple...unaffected-by-15-minutes-of-submersion-video/
http://www.cultofmac.com/313413/yes-can-wear-apple-watch-shower/
https://www.quora.com/Can-you-wear-an-Apple-Watch-in-the-shower

HTH,:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.