Shortcuts Automation to trigger Notification 'if more than one device connects to Hotspot?'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Do you anticipate more than just you to connect? If you set a good password on the hotspot, only the folks you give that password will be able to connect.

So, what is it you want to accomplish? If you don't want others to join, just use a strong password.

OP
M
Reaction score
I have Nosey roommate that has a Unifi Ubiquiti dream machine router. I wanted the double 2FA for extra security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, but what has that to do with hotspot? What your roommate does, or doesn't, do won't make any difference to how your hotspot works.

OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry, but what has that to do with hotspot? What your roommate does, or doesn't, do won't make any difference to how your hotspot works.

I checked the /var/log and the system.log files and noticed some suspicious activity. I swore I saw my password software scroll inside the password vault. I ran ‘last’ in terminal and saw 3 tttsys users logged in, I only created one guest user.

He’ll follow my history from the router and open the developer console while in Chrome while I’m using Chrome. He’s creepy like that

OP
M
Reaction score
I was just looking for a way to make my hotspot more secure and to trigger an automation when more than one device connects to my hotspot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you use a strong password and don't give it to anyone, your Hotspot won't ever have anyone but YOU on it. Others may be able to see it, but without the password, they cannot connect. So set a super strong password and you're set.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
He’ll follow my history from the router and open the developer console while in Chrome while I’m using Chrome. He’s creepy like that
But your hotspot, on your iPhone, will use your cellular network to connect to the internet, then you connect your computer to the iPhone hotspot. Your roommate won't see anything at all on the router, you won't be using it at all.

And frankly, if your roommate is doing what you suspect, you need to move. Seriously.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.