Screen Protector + Cover

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" running High Sierra
I just purchased a 16" MacBook Pro M3 Max and was wondering if anyone uses Screen Protectors on their LT. If so, what do you recommend.
I also had a I-Blason Slim rubberized cover with TPU bumper but it seems they don't make it for the new MacBooks. Any recommendations to any similar item.
Thank you for your feedback.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
My "feedback" may not help that much; but on the many Macs/MacBooks that I and my wife have had; we have never needed a screen protector of any sort.

iPhones and iPads are a different matter; but not Macs.

Personal opinion, of course:);)

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
My "feedback" may not help that much; but on the many Macs/MacBooks that I and my wife have had; we have never needed a screen protector of any sort.

iPhones and iPads are a different matter; but not Macs.

Personal opinion, of course:);)

Ian
I don’t even use them on my iPhone or iPad, as the glass used by Apple is supposedly toughened any how.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
None in use here. None on my MBP and MBA, none on any iPhone or iPad. Just take reasonable care. I do use a case on the iPhone to protect against drops, but no screen protector.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Frostygirl it all depends on what you intend to do, where you intend to go with your iPad not to mention how much you can afford.
For example you can get dustproof, shockproof even waterproof cases but I don't think many of our members would have recommendations because on the whole we are unlikely (I could be wrong) to use an iPad in conditions that would require that level of protection. I am 72 now and my days of Xtreme sports are behind me. There are lots of online sources though eg. Best iPad cases 2024

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" running High Sierra
Thank you for your responses.

JesseMorrison

Reaction score
I don't use a screen protector on my iPad as well, because I sue it only at home, but I can't imagine not using one on my phone. Even though it's tougher than the previous years' models, it's still not enough especially that I am a boss in breaking glasses even without dropping my phone. But it's nonsense to use screen protection on the Macbook since it's a very low chance of breaking the glass itself.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
SORRY, my bad for some stupid reason I thought you asked about an iPad. A MBP is a completely different "animal". I have never used any protective case or screen protector on a laptop but, I have invested in an "armoured" carry case. It was a clamshell style, not fitted to the MacBook but could be left on while using the device. Not unlike the one pictured below.

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 09.15.04.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.