Sabrent USB 3.2 5-Bay 3.5″ SATA Hard Drive Tray-less Docking Station (DS-SC5B)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch, Late 2013
I'd like to know if anyone owns the above mentioned docking station. I don't think I have use for a NAS right now. This docking station caught my eye because it has individual power buttons for each drive; therefore I can only turn on the drive I need. Here's the link:

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Mike

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I don't understand that device. Are the 5 drives accessible independently? If they are going to share the 5 drives and show up as a single device, then it's some sort of a NAS, minimal perhaps.

Perhaps if you explain how you intend to use this device, we can suggest if it fits the bill or not.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch, Late 2013
The drives are accessible individually. That's what appeals to me. I like the idea of multiple drives that can be accessed individually without 2 cables per drive. 5 drives, 1 power, 1 data cable each = 10 cables or the above mentioned docking station with 1 power and 1 data cable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.