removing adblock for safari

Reaction score
I use chrome on my macbook and I use adblock with it. Recently the icon for Adblock for Safari started automatically appearing in my bottom dock, and a window for this app started opening automatically upon bootup. I don't need this app and its obnoxious presence on bootup, but can't figure out a way to get rid of it. I can easily remove the icon from the dock, but it returns after bootup. Chrome search instructions for removing it -- put the cursor on the icon, hold it down till all the apps start jiggling, then press uninstall -- do not work. There is no jiggling of apps in the dock like what happens on an iphone and no option to uninstall or remove the program.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks mucho,
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Two things. In Safari, click on "Safari" in the upper left corner, then "settings" and then "extensions." One of them will be (or should be) AdBlock. IF you don't want it, uncheck it to disable it in Safari. On my Safari, there is also an "Uninstall" button there that should uninstall it.

Second, open System Settings (the gear icon on the Dock, or click on the Apple icon upper left, then on "System Settings..." Search for "login" and then select "Login items" and in the "Open at login" window click on AdBlock if it's there and then click the "-" button below the window.

Now reboot.

If that doesn't kill it, let us know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.