Recommendation needed for a monitor and mount

jla

Reaction score
Hi.
I'm looking to reconfigure my office and would love to replace my current large screen with one that I can mount on the wall and adjust the height.
The monitor does not need to be mac, but I need it compatible with my MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019).

And suggestions on a monitor and mount other than the Mac Studio?

Any suggestions for a 100 by 100 mm VESA wall mount that allows me to raise and lower the monitor?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Every monitor is compatible with a MBP, there's nothing special there. The MBP has HDMI output, as well as connectors through the TB connector.

Every monitor is VESA mountable, the sizing will vary by monitor/brand.

This is WAY too a generic question for us to be of any help to you. We don't know what "large screen" means to you. To some, that's a 42" TV, to some that's a 27" monitor.

Do your research on monitor brands, sizes, resolutions that fit within your budget. Next, look up their VESA mounting specs and then find the appropriate wall mount that will work with those specs. Generally, I've found that the mounting hardware tends to support the varying VESA mount sizes without issue.

OP
J

jla

Reaction score
Every monitor is compatible with a MBP, there's nothing special there. The MBP has HDMI output, as well as connectors through the TB connector.

Every monitor is VESA mountable, the sizing will vary by monitor/brand.

This is WAY too a generic question for us to be of any help to you. We don't know what "large screen" means to you. To some, that's a 42" TV, to some that's a 27" monitor.

Do your research on monitor brands, sizes, resolutions that fit within your budget. Next, look up their VESA mounting specs and then find the appropriate wall mount that will work with those specs. Generally, I've found that the mounting hardware tends to support the varying VESA mount sizes without issue.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, it was very generic as I really didn't know where to begin. However, you were wrong, your response was helpful and moved me a bit closer to understanding what I'll need. I appreciate your time.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
We get questions about best monitor all the time. One place to start is decide on a maximum budget...and narrow things down to a size that works for you. For example 24", 27" , 30", 32", etc.

Also decide on what features you would like the monitor to have (must haves & nice to have sort of stuff).

Such as:

* height adjustable
* tilt & swivel
* builtin speakers
* any special ports
* can charge a laptop from the monitor
* etc.

HTH,

Nick

Reaction score
your response was helpful and moved me a bit closer to understanding what I'll need. I appreciate your time.

Right now 27 to 28-inch external monitors are the sweet spot for their combination of size/price/features. You can get a 4K 27-inch monitor with a stunning picture at a very reasonable price.

Your 2019 MacBook Pro 16-inch has Thunderbolt 3 ports, but no HDMI ports, so you will need an adapter to attach your external monitor via HDMI. The adapter must have a USB-C connector that supports Thunderbolt. I recommend this adapter, which will also give you some other useful ports:

USB C Hub Multiport Adapter, GIISSMO 7-in-1 USB-C Hub with 4K 60Hz, 100W Power Delivery, USB-C and 2 USB 3.0 5Gbps Data Ports, SD/TF Card Reader
$24
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B67P1BM5

These monitors are screaming deals right now:

YEYIAN ODRAZ 27” IPS Panel HDR 4K UHD Slim Bezel PC Gaming Monitor 3840x2160, 1 Billion Colors, Low Blue, 300cd/m2, 1000:1, 60Hz, 5ms, 16:9, 178°, G-Sync, FreeSync, DP/HDMI/USB, Speakers, VESA, Tilt
$229
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HN6XSYS/

ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K/UHD 3840x2160 1ms DP HDMI Adaptive Sync/FreeSync Eye Care Monitor
$255
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074PK4R2H/

SAMSUNG U28R550UQNX 28" 4K UHD Monitor with AMD Free Sync
$284
https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-U28R550UQNX-LU28R550UQNXZA-Monitor-Free/dp/B084V9CJB1/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.