Prompt to update to Monterey

Reaction score
I believe I know the answer to this, but thought I'd ask in case I'm wrong. I have a Macbook Air 2014, running Big Sur. From my reading this can't update to Monterey, also running software update doesn't offer the update.

However every now and then the App store offers me the update? Surely it checks if a machine is compatible before offering the update?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I don’t think the App Store checks. That occurs when you try to install it. You are correct. Your MBA 2014 can only update to Big Sur.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
In the App Store, if you click "Get", it then checks to see if it will install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
5K iMac 27" 4.2ghz / Mojave
On an earlier version of the Mac App Store, you could ask the system to not bother you about a particular OS update. That appears to be gone now. I'm still on Monterey, because if have a mountain of legacy material that I need to access and move over to a new system before doing the upgrade. I want to do it. I will do it. I just want to stop being bugged every bloody day to do it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.