projector with usb-vga adaptor

Reaction score
Hi,

I know this has already been discussed several times, but I still haven't been able to find a solution for myself. I need to connect a projector on a mba running Windows 7.

On a classical minidisplay-vga adaptor it doesn't work. It simply doesn't react in Windows. I read somewhere that you need to plug it in before booting, as Windows does not recognize the port as plug-and-play. I did that and still nothing.

So I turned to this usb-vga adaptor. The problem is that each time I connect the adaptor, the laptop monitor turns off and on the projector there's only the extended image, without any desktop icons. I can't do anything there. I can't enter any menu (such as display settings) - it would probably display them on the main monitor, on which I can't see anything. I tried changing the settings both from the windows settings, and from the intel hd graphics. (primary, secondary monitor, extended, duplicate, etc.)

What I did then was install intel hd graphics directly from the intel site. That didn't go very well, as the intel hd graphics software on which I could configure all sorts of settings disappeared altogether. The Intel HD control panel said that there were no intel programs listed. The weird thing is that now the projector wasn't displaying anything anymore. Not even that extended part.

Then I installed the latest boot camp support software. Which, of course, updated the drivers, but it still didn't do any good.

I tested the projector on a different Mac with Mac OS and it works fine. The project has also been tested on a non-mac laptop running Windows and it also worked normally. Now, I know you're going to ask me why I insist on running Windows on Mac. I don't like it either, but it's not my decision. So this is a given :)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.