Problem with Office for Mac 2011

Reaction score
Hi all

So my hard drive recently broke and I had to get the data transferred to a new one. It all seemed to be working fine until I tried opening Microsoft Word and this error came up;
"The Office for Mac installation did not complete successfully because there was a problem with the installer."

I did a bit of research and after coming across this link; https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2476492

I've found that the "PrivilegedHelperTools" folder is completely empty and I need to reinstall. The problem is, I can't for the life of me remember where my Disc is so I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to reinstall it without using the disc?

Thanks,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You either need the original disk (one CD) or have your activation serial number on hand. With the serial number, you can download Office 2011 from Microsoft, however, without it you can not. If you've lost both, now is a good time to upgrade to Office 2016. However, do not buy it from Microsoft as there are on line re-sellers who have it available at a discount. Or, download the free LibreOffice and use it instead.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.