Problem with Apple Music

Reaction score
I recently subscribed to Apple Music & manually created several regular playlists. I just noticed that additional songs have somehow been automaticlly added to trhose playlists. Is this the result of AI in Apple Music populating my manual playlists with songs in the same genre? Regardless, can someone please tell me how to resolve this issue? Thank you so much for your help!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
OP
K
Reaction score
Thank you, Ian. I will do so.

None of these suggestions are applicable to my situation. This is perplexing.

Last edited:

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Well, @kitjv26,

I'm truly sorry that I couldn't help you.

I, too, have Apple Music on a 6 month free trial. It takes a lot of learning and I'm getting along all right. But there's so much to get through, layer after layer.

I'm hopeful that wiser counsell will prevail. Stay tuned.

Ian

OP
K
Reaction score
Thank you, Ian. Hopefully those with more experience with Apple Music will weigh in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Thank you, Ian. Hopefully those with more experience with Apple Music will weigh in.

I have absolutely zero experience with such things, but I came across this old thread just in case you might also be by chance a Shazam user?
Probably doubtful, but I thought I would post it anyway:

Or maybe some other similar application in conflict with your Apple Music settings.

- Patrick
=======

OP
K
Reaction score
No, the sync between Shazam & Apple Music has alway been turned off. Thak you so much for the response though.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
As a personal preference for the same price I have found Spotify (macOS app) to be easier to use, I added my Apple Music library to it (which is an option within the app) and I find management much easier with just one app for all my music, including Shazam tracks if I wish.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As a personal preference for the same price I have found Spotify (macOS app) to be easier to use,

I don't use either but I was rather surprised to just read:
Shazam was created by London-based Shazam Entertainment, and has been owned by Apple Inc. since 2018. (Wikipedia}

Has seemed odd that Apple would own both, but maybe that gives him a chance to make more money.

- Patrick
=======

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Interesting isn't it, a bit like Meta owning FB Messenger and WhatsApp?

OP
K
Reaction score
I’m on a trial subscription with Apple Music & am pleased so far except, of course, with the playlist issue. Rather than switching to another subscription service, I’ll resolve this issue. Of course, a bit of help from all of you will certainly help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Probably doubtful, but I thought I would post it anyway:

@ian
My apologies to Ian, I just realized my post above was a duplicate URL of what Ian had posted in his #2 post. Sorry about that.

As for the OP's problem of additional songs somehow being automaticlly added to trhose playlists, is there some sort of option that allows Apple to send you samples of similar Tunes.

Does Apple eventually bill you for them if you decide to keep them???

- Patrick
=======

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No worries, Patrick. Just shows that great minds think alike:);)

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.