Problem logging in with apple account ( mobileme_create_unavailable_mac )

Reaction score
I installed the mac on a virtual machine but I'm not able to log in with the apple account this is giving this error mac.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

We are going to need a lot more information before we understand exactly what it is you're trying to do.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
ThiagoAndre,

A warm welcome to Mac-Forums and thank you for your post.

We understand your frustration. Here you come to a Forum expecting a speedy reply and a solution to boot.

The problem is - we weren't sitting next to you watching your every move. You need to help us by starting at the beginning and taking us through every step you've made.

So: let's start with your setup. Which Mac, Model, Year and Operating System (OS)? Any other hardware we should know about?

Then, what have you done so far? - take us through every step. Sweep away our ignorance. Take us into your confidence and then, we can start to help you. And help you we shall till a solution is found, if that is possible.

Ian

Reaction score
I am having the same error come up. I have created a new account on my Mac mini running Big Sur beta 5.

When I create a new user account, and enter an Apple ID in the system settings (under sign in), it sends a verification code to my phone, then asks to accept terms and conditions and finally it returns the error MOBILEME_CREATE_UNAVAILABLE_MAC.

The Apple ID is correct and I can sign into it on the iCloud web page. I can store files to it and retrieve them.

I have tested three different apple ids, each working via web access, and each returns this error.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No idea what's going on. Most of us do not test beta software on the machines we need from day to day. I suggest reporting the error to Apple since you're beta testing. That's what you're supposed to do, right?

Also if you have 3 Apple IDs, that can lead to problems especially with 2FA.

And... welcome to our forums.

Reaction score
Thanks.

I did send a note to Apple, but you never know how long they will take to reply.

I'm doing app testing and have a lot of apple-ids. That's not a problem. Usually I can create an account for them and set up iCloud without issue. This has just popped up unexpectedly.

Reaction score
Hi, I am facing the same problem, did any of you guys solve it? Thank you!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi, I am facing the same problem, did any of you guys solve it? Thank you!
Welcome to our forums.

Since the thread you posted to is going on one year old, please be descriptive and tell us what your specific problem is. Also include specs for your Mac and what version of macOS you're currently running.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.