Printer to print envelopes!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16", MacMini M1, iMac M1 24", iPhone 13 Pro Max
I have two Samsung Colour Laser printers which do a good job and work with macOS Sierra. However, they won't print envelopes without chewing them up.

I also have a very old Canon LB2900 monochrome laser that does the job of printing envelopes admirably - with WINDOWS - but it doesn't work with Sierra and I can't remember if I ever had it working with El Capitan.

Any suggestions for an inexpensive mono laser that will print envelopes (usually C5 size) with macOS Sierra?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have two Samsung Colour Laser printers which do a good job and work with macOS Sierra. However, they won't print envelopes without chewing them up.

Do either of the two Samsung laser printers have the ability of doing straight-thru printing? This usually helps with envelopes.

- Nick

OP
m.g.mcc
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, the only paper input is from the paper tray, which in itself is a nuisance as any A4 paper has to be removed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
No, the only paper input is from the paper tray, which in itself is a nuisance as any A4 paper has to be removed.

Well, not a solution for using envelopes in the printers you own, but another approach is to print adhesive labels? I don't know how many or how often you need to have envelopes w/ labels, nor whether you need to make envelopes for a lot of single and/or multiple names?

Not needing labels that often, I've downloaded a number of Avery templates to use w/ Pages - kind of a clunky solution but works in a pinch - shown below is a page from the Avery website and also the template for the 30/page labels loaded into Pages - Avery also offers software that can be downloaded but the reviews seem quite mixed and I've never used it; also there may be 'label programs' available at the Apple App Store - have not checked.

This is probably not what you want to do, but just another way to go - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 12.55.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 12.51.28 PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Actually, the suggestion by Dave is probably the best way to address envelopes. I likewise use an Avery label template but mine is for Microsoft Word not Pages. My HP LJ will do envelopes well enough but to be truthful, it's a bother having to load them the right way and so forth. Most older inkjet printers would have a special slot or tray for envelopes making it easy to print but it seems most modern printers nowadays have overlooked that feature.

OP
m.g.mcc
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks guys, I do actually use labels for the Xmas cards but again do it from Windows and the old Canon printer. What I am primarily printing on envelopes is a name and department in fairly large letters for internal mail, so I'll probably just stick with using the old printer which works with Windows 10.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thanks guys, I do actually use labels for the Xmas cards but again do it from Windows and the old Canon printer. What I am primarily printing on envelopes is a name and department in fairly large letters for internal mail, so I'll probably just stick with using the old printer which works with Windows 10.

I'm curious. What are the model numbers of the two Samsung printers? I would like to look at their specs...and see if there are any options around this issue.

- Nick

OP
m.g.mcc
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm curious. What are the model numbers of the two Samsung printers? I would like to look at their specs...and see if there are any options around this issue.

- Nick

The Samsung printers are CLP-365W and C430W

Mike

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.