Printer problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Our iMac running Mavericks has an Epson Sytlus Photo R2000 on wifi and today we have started to get "stopped filter failed" message/ The correction is to reset the printer system, which I have done 3 times now. The 1st time, it printed. The 2nd, it didn't print and the 3rd time it printed again OK, but each time it's bought up the same message again.

I have done a search on the forum and didn't find anything. Any ideas please folks??

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I assume that I am the only one with this problem??

We have used the printer a couple of times today and it seems to be behaving its self? I haven't done anything since yesterday, apart from having a shower and clean undies :Evil::Evil:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I assume that I am the only one with this problem??

We have used the printer a couple of times today and it seems to be behaving its self? I haven't done anything since yesterday, apart from having a shower and clean undies :Evil::Evil:

When you take the combination of running Mavericks (an OS that less & less folks are using)...a specific model printer (Epson R2000...about a 5 year-old printer)...and other folks that do have this setup may not be having an issue...there may not be that many folks out there with a specific solution. And maybe the folks with this very setup (and problem) havn't stopped by since the thread started yesterday.:)

Has this printer worked fine with Maverick's for a long time?

What I can suggest is some general troubleshooting stuff:

- Unplug the printer...wait 30 seconds...plug back in.
- Restart/reboot the computer (if you haven't done this).
- Try reinstalling the printer drivers or check for printer updates (check at the Epson website).
- Check for any OS updates.
- Try running Onyx...maybe there's some junk files floating around in the computer messing things up.
- Heck you could even try (as a last resort) upgrading the OS (if possible) with your hardware & software setup.

Otherwise hang in there. Maybe someone somewhere in the world will drop by with some suggestions or solutions!:)

HTH,:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
It was the clean undies that did the trick Jonzjob. Remember what our mothers said about having clean undies on in case we had to go to hospital? Clean undies were the least of my troubles each time I ended up in hosptal [particularly the time they cut 'em off with scissors]!!

Nick's suggestion of rebooting the computer, disconnecting printer power, going into Printers & Scanners in System Prefrences and reconnecting there often sort these problems out.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ta for the ideas NIck. Sorry, I didn't mean to come across heavy in any way, hence the smilies..

The printer is running on wifi and we haven't had any problems with it since it's been installed just under a year. The Mac has been rebooted a couple of times.

I haven't checked for drivers or updates, but the updates should ask to be installed automatically.

OS updates are done as they come out, so should be up to date and I have been thinking of bringing it up to Siera, but I need to find out if there are any Wacom graphics pad problems with it? There usually are when a new OS appears.. I will check it out on the morrow!!

Ta again Nick.:[:[

Our posts crossed Harry, but yours gave me a giggle and bought back some memories!!

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Clean undies were the least of my troubles each time I ended up in hosptal [particularly the time they cut 'em off with scissors]!!

Hopefully they didn't take anything extra!;)

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
...I didn't mean to come across heavy in any way, hence the smilies..

Not heavy at all. I definitely didn't see it that way!:)

With the combo you have...maybe not too many folks with the same combo & issues. Hopefully one of the general hints will help.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.