postgres process running under User: ???

Reaction score
This is my first post, so please be gentle! :)

Last year I deleted an unknown program to me, Daylite 4, from my MacBook Pro (10.10.5).

Since then I believed it was gone, but I recently looked at my Activity Monitor to see the processes causing my internet to be slow, and some other issues.., only to find the process "postgres" running from User "???" Literally, just that.

I traced it to a section of my Application Support that must have been hidden because there was a laundry list of logs and executable files that I deleted.

I then went to my firewall to find there were 3 filters allowing processes from DLsomething and DLsomething else and postgress. I got rid of those, and then went to my users to make sure "guest" is turned off, that I have no open users besides me, and that I am admin.

It seems that the process had about 40 gigs of information transferred back and forth from my computer.

Is it possible someone has compromised this computer, or is this just par for the course?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Sounds like you may have simply dragged the application to the Trash which does nothing to remove all the nuts and bolts associated with the software. Looks like it is software that reports to Home Base, a marketing company.

Have a read of this showing uninstall process and if need be, install again and then follow the uninstall directions.

http://dminsights.net/article/uninstalling-daylite-4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.