Playing 2 pieces of music with a timed gap between them

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
I have mp3s of the Last Post & Reveille on my iPhone. Every year we conduct a Service of Remembrance on 11 November. This year we don't have a bugler to play so I have been asked to transmit the Last Post & Reveille through the church PA system.

This may be a bridge too far but ideally I would like to be able to set it up to play the Last Post on the dot of 11am and Reveille 2 minutes later. I could just use my watch (I don't have a working Apple watch) to start manually followed 2 minutes later by Reveille. Is there a way to link the music to the iPhone's clock to do this automatically?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 Mac Pro 3,1 (2 x 2.8GHz Quad-core Xeon) / 16GB RAM / ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT / El Capitan 10.11.6
I don't have the answer you're looking for here (I don't even own an iPhone!), but a couple of thoughts for you...

I'm presuming you want the 2-minute pause to commence as soon as the Last Post has finished playing - i.e. a "two minutes silence". If so, remember that if you do this by setting a timer on your phone, based on the time of day, then you'll have to factor in the length of the Last Post track as well or Reveille will come in too early. (Unless it's the tradition that the two minutes silence starts with the first notes of the Last Post?)

Another way of achieving this would be to put your Last Post track into an audio editor such as Audacity, paste a 2-minute silence onto the end of it, then paste the Reveille track onto the end of that. Save the result as a single audio file and load it onto your phone. Job done.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.