Photos missing from a "Photos' album.

Jomo0307

Reaction score
I am trying to upload photos from an album to a Facebook album but not all and sometimes none of the photos appear in the album. Sometimes when I go back later to do it they will all be available and I haven't changed anything to make them appear that I am aware of.
MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Firstly, thank you for joining us. You are very welcome.

May I ask some relevant questions that should guide us in helping you.

You talk about “albums”. I understand where the Facebook (FB) Albums are, but -

Where do you keep your photographs on your Mac? Are they in the Photos app? And if so, presumably your are trying to send selected pictures to FB from there?

Or are your photographs in ordinary Folders on your Mac or scattered around your Mac in different places?

This is important info for us.

Try to imagine we are sitting next to you and take us through your process step by step, please.

Ian

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
The are all in the photo app, in albums.
Thank you for that very prompt reply. Much appreciated.

I think the problem is on the FB side. If you are uploading correctly, as you seem to be doing, and if you do eventually see all the pictures in FB, then my guess is that FB caches them and then takes its time to process them.

This is a recognised issue if there are lots, really lots, of photographs and may take longer if there are any videos.

I have friends who post literally 100+ photographs at one go and they often talk about delays. In fact, in some cases the pics have appeared in consecutive posts rather than in one single one.

Best I can suggest at the moment. Other members may have other ideas.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.