Pages acting strange.

Reaction score
When I click on Pages from any source, the computer opens the Desktop Folder instead of the app. Numbers and Keynote behave properly. If I open a Page doc, it opens the app. Any idea what's going on? EMS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Just to be clear, if you navigate to ~/Applications, or /Applications, wherever Pages is installed, and click on it there, you get a Desktop folder? I would suggest that maybe you can do a "Get Info" on Pages in the location where it is installed and see what it says about that icon.

Bear in mind that if you open Pages normally, a Finder-like window opens up to show potential documents. I think it defaults to where you last opened Pages, but I'm not sure. There is a "New document" button in the lower left corner of that window. Is that what you are seeing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
When I click on Numbers (dock icon), the app opens, with the last document I was using. When you are closing Pages, are you closing the document, then quitting the app or are quitting the app before saving/closing the document?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.