OS X 10.9.5 unsafe message

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
@Slydude
@pm-r Are you getting the popup screens? I'm wondering about the security certificate errors others have reported seeing.

Slydude, I am afraid to say anything in case it might make things change, but no, I am not getting any pop-ups sreens when using Google Chrome or Firefox, and they both seem to be working fairly well, at least for the sites I visit.

I do not use Apple's Safari ss it quit working or not displaying too many sites properly several years ago.

(PS: I do not know why I cannot unbold the text above or below on this message which is not a problem I have encountered before) Always something it seems, and I prefer consistency... ;)

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
You could leave Mavericks on your old drive, install HS to the new SSD, test that it boots fine, then swap them. That way if the install goes south, you still have the internal working.

To add to Ashwin's list ...

+1. Excellent suggestions In my opinion.

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.