OS unable to detect In-built microphone or apple earpods microphone

Reaction score
**realized my previous post was in the wrong forum...**

Here is the mac I'm talking about.
https://support.apple.com/kb/sp665?locale=en_US
Although it lists it cannot support Windows 10, the microphone has worked before. I got windows 10 on the machine because it was on Windows 7 and used the free upgrade to get 10. A couple months ago everything was working smoothly, the computer is able to use the microphone and everything (skype, csgo, etc). Should know that the driver lists Cirrus cs4206b
Alright here's the problem: Windows doesn't detect the microphone, plugged in earpods or in built, it just shows some microphone.
When tapping the camera, you can hear it make a sound, but yelling you can't hear anything.
Solutions tried: Tried downloading Cirrus drivers off of an apple discussion forum Reinstalling Windows support software Uninstalling the Cirrus driver and see if it works (it does for audio out but not in) Any suggestions would be appreciated. (or if anyone has the driver it'd be good too)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not post a duplicate thread. If you feel your post is in the wrong forum, ask a moderator to move it for you. Your duplicate thread has been deleted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.