Now my REPLACEMENT iMac is going bad! Different Video Problem!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac
Wow... I am starting to think getting an iMac was a bad decision. I am in love with the OS and the applications but I am 2 for 2 on defective systems. The symptom this time is blue tint where it is supposed to be white and redish flickering colors where there is supposed to be black. It is definitely hardware, when I took a screen shot of it with command shift 3, the screen shot looked fine when I rebooted. The symptom comes and goes as it pleases. I have seen this before on other LCD monitors... sigh...

The first iMac I took back was no big deal because I had only had it 1 day and chalked it up to a fluke but this is starting to get kind of ridiculous and I spent the entire weekend installing and registering programs on the machine, probably about 12-20 hours total and am not in the mood to simply replace it for a third one. Is it unreasonable to request they transfer my Hard Disk into a replacement?

I can't believe I am the only one that this is happening to either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
How bizarre. Mine's worked flawlessly, both before and after the patch.

Maybe a fresh install of OS X would be the best option?

OP
illy5603
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac
How bizarre. Mine's worked flawlessly, both before and after the patch.

Maybe a fresh install of OS X would be the best option?

If that is what is needed after using a computer for 2 days I will return it for a full refund. Even a Windows PC can run for about a year before it is crippled with shoddy software updates and spyware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.