New Blog Post from Codeweavers (CrossOver) regarding running Windows on the Macs

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Very interesting and informative post from CodeWeavers about running Windows on the new Macs.

CodeWeavers claims that they're working on a solution, but for now CrossOver will continue to work with Big Sur and on the new Macs. Not sure how they're going to do all that. Read his blog here:

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Interesting read. Have to admit I’m tempted by the new M1 based laptops. My newest laptop is 2012 model, and my wife’s MBA is 2011 version, so starting to get in the mood to upgrade

OP
chscag

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I also am interested in the new M1 machines but if I do go for one, it will be the second or third generation, not the first.

I really would like to replace my iMac with a new one but will hold on to what I have until I'm sure the newer ones are going to work for me. Since a new iMac is not due until next year, that means I have a long wait before I feel it's safe to buy one.

Did you buy that Xbox yet and a copy of the new Flight Simulator? :)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I also am interested in the new M1 machines but if I do go for one, it will be the second or third generation, not the first.

I really would like to replace my iMac with a new one but will hold on to what I have until I'm sure the newer ones are going to work for me. Since a new iMac is not due until next year, that means I have a long wait before I feel it's safe to buy one.

Did you buy that Xbox yet and a copy of the new Flight Simulator? :)
Sorry for the late reply, Charlie. Short answer, No . . .

Xbox is almost impossible to get right now unless you are willing to pay scalper prices (I’m not). And, Xbox version still hasn’t bern released (that I have seen).
I’m honestly thinking about building or buying a gaming Windows Box instead (long story).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.