Need Help Imac will not restore from backup

Reaction score
hello new forum member here. i have a 24" early 2008 iMac running 10.11.6 I have been having problem with my imac.
1. upon startup it doesn't see any type of keyboards on my profile. wired or wireless. It does see keyboards for the guest profile
2. having keychain issues pop up at start up

3. I tried to restore from a backup using recovery and the recovery loads to about 90% and then just freezes up. tried loading from time machine and the same thing happens.
i have partitioned the main drive so i can try to load Yosemite from a flash installer and it freezes also. i ran disc utilities and did hd first aid. no issues.
i want to roll the current os to a restored date. any ideas of what i can do? i dont want to pull the hard drive and place it in external case and load restore from my other iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Can you use "Target Disk Mode"? You hold "T" when starting the injured iMac, then connect the iMac using a FireWire cable to your other Mac. It will show up as an external, if the drive is not dead.

OP
Grecoref
Reaction score
I would need firewire 6 pin to 6 pin right? I thought about that option. i only have a 6 pin to 4 pin firewire

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Yes, not knowing your other Mac model, I will agree with you, as USB is not capable of this feature.

OP
Grecoref
Reaction score
Yes I bought a 6pin to 6pin wire today. I'm current restoring the main drive with my back up. Then I'll try to install Yosemite on the partition. Thank for the help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.