multi-device charging cables that actually work?

Reaction score
I’ve bought many many multi-device charging cables (i.e. 2x lightning, 1x micro, 1x usb-c). I’ve bought them from many different vendors, online, in-store, etc.. All of the are the same. Only one of the lightning chargers work. I have lightning devices I can’t bear to part with, which I still use. Does anyone know of reputable multi-device charging cables that actually work? I’m tired of having to mark the one of two lightning cables that work on a 4-connection cable.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I assume you are talking about a USB cable with more than one output cable at one end, like the one below;

Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 12.01.33 pm.png

With respect, I cannot imagine any reputable brand producing such a gimmicky product. The above item is $13.99 but to produce a good quality equivalent would surely cost $100.00+.
All of the above types I could find are ridiculously cheap considering Apple's single USB to Lightening cable is $30.00 on its own, Anker cables are more expensive again.

The fact that they keep failing on you is consistent with cheap, mass produced electronics. Personally I would not risk a AU$1700.00 iPhone with anything less than a Apple Certified charger/cable.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have a couple of those cables in my wire stash at the moment. I may have that vet brand of cable. I usually don't need to connect two lightning devices simultaneously but I think I have in the past. My complaint with these cables is that they, for the most part, are unreliable for data transfer and some manufacturers don't specify that in their ads.

I bought a multi-device charging cable from Cult of Mac some time ago and used it reliably for several months. It had two lightning connectors and an Apple Watch connector. The plastic covering the watch connector fell off after being dropped a few times. I've given up on these types of cables for a while until I find something reliable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
I (now) always buy dedicated cables, the hassle from the multi types is not worth the (so called) cost savings.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
In my case I was hoping to reduce the number of cables on my desk and the number of cables needed when my wife and I are traveling. We would have needed three cables each otherwise.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I have a sponge bag (the sort you get free from airlines) full of cables and connectors I take with us anytime we travel.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.