Moving Filemaker Contacts to Apple Contact App

Reaction score
Hi,
So I've been running Macs since my SE, long before Internet. I started my personal contact list in a program called Filemaker 4, now Filemaker Pro. I know listings require to be in a special format to add them to the Apple App.

Is there a way to move a Filemaker database to Apple Contacts? Perhaps some intermediate program?
Thank you, Michael

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If I read the following article correctly Filemaker/Pro supports exporting files in comma-separated (.csv) format. Apple's Contacts app should be able to read/import that file format.

The Apple article has a few tips for importing .csv files

OP
Reaction score
If I read the following article correctly Filemaker/Pro supports exporting files in comma-separated (.csv) format. Apple's Contacts app should be able to read/import that file format.

The Apple article has a few tips for importing .csv files
Thank you! I thought I had exhausted all the Filemaker capabilities. I'll let you know how it goes.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You're welcome. Post back if that does not work. I'm sure there are other options but some of them might require third-party software.

BTW I meant to suggest that you make a backup copy of your contacts before you start. Just in case somethinging goes wrong. I'm not expecting a problem but it pays to be safe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.