Mouse and keyboard issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Dual 2.8 Quad Core 8gb Ram. ATI Radeon HD 2600 OSX 10.5.6
Hi

Running an intel mac pro 2.8 quad core OS 10.5.8

Today I had an issue with the mouse and keyboard. I cannot type any text in and my mouse gives me the left click options if I click either side. I have to click and select 'open' for apps and files but one in I can't use them as when I click on options I simply get the left click menus.

If I reboot the machine it comes back but only briefly. I can click on an app, maybe get in, but then it starts giving me the left click options for either mouse button. When this happens the mouse also does not activate the dock or magic corners.

I have tried another USB mouse, same thing. It is not the mouse. Same mouse and keyboard connected to this PC

I have also started to get that event whereby the machine seizes up, a see-through grey area comes down from the top of the screen and I get a multilingual message telling me I have to reboot the machine.

Help.:Confused:

Sent from my windows PC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Kernel panic I suspect. Two options to consider:
1. Remove the RAM, blow out the RAM seats with canned compressed air, and then reseat the RAM, swapping over the matched pairs if you wish.
2. Boot the Pro from the Install disk and run Disk Utility > First Aid > Verify Disk. Do any required repairs.

If that's not successful, post back with any further fault messages you get, and we can look perhaps at the Disk Warrior option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.