MotoG won't pair

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I have a MotoG and I have been trying to pair it with both my iMac on Mavericks and my MacBook Pro on Yosemite. It shows paired on the MotoG but as 'Not Connected' on the Macs.

When we bought our new car, a Citroën Grand C4 Picasso, I checked to see if it would pair with the MotoG. It wasn't on the list and said it wouldn't. When I told the guy who was explaining the cars workings he said nonsense and paired it for me. He also said the bluetooth is bluetooth and any will pair with any. So has anyone any idea why this will nor pair please??

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What are you trying to accomplish? A first step would be to figure out what you're trying to do and with what tools.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
What I think that I am trying to do is to be able to pass files, photos, etc. between the phone and the Macs. I am totally new to this field so please bear with me?

I have tried to pair the phone to my MBP. It shows on the phone as paired with the option to 'unpair'. When I look at System Preferences on the MBP it shows the phone on the bluetooth list as 'Not connected' If I then double tap on the phone entry in Sys Pref it says that it's connected for a couple of seconds and reverts to not connected with a tag at the screen top as below

I have obviously missed a setting here and I have no idea what ir where it is? I wouldn't have thought that there would be a driver for a bluetooth connection? But as a complete thicky on this I may well be wrong???

At the moment if I don't have my DSLR with me and I take a photo with the phone then I can't connect to the Mac to transfere it.

I almost forgot to say that the phone is running on Android 4.4.4 and it is up to date.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Take a look here to see what this user has done.

Regardless, a much easier thing to do would be use AirDroid - it's amazing.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Airdroid looks promising VS? I assume that it would need to be on both ends, phone and Mac???

Edit : - I have just remembered that I can pair the phone with my Apple bluetooth keyboard no problem at all. It's a great boon when you have thick babana fingers like me!!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If I remember correctly, AirDroid simply runs a server off your phone and you can access all of its functionality through a web browser.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I am 1/2 way there in that I can now connect by USB. I found that the storage on my phone was set to camera mode instead of MSP (I think ??). Once set correctly I have loaded some of my music and photos OK.

I thought that I had also cracked the bluetooth, but still a no no!! Still as long as I can do something it's a step forward? I'll keep trying with the bluetooth?

Reaction score
MotoG pairing with iMac

As I have found and solved so many problems by browsing this forum I though I should share at least a partial solution to John's problem.

For BT file sharing to work on the iMac ( I am using OX 10 El Capitan) BT sharing as to be set in system preferences.
Details here http://www.howtogeek.com/208365/how...ransfer-between-os-x-and-android-5.0-devices/

Hope this helps others.

I am still searching a solution for IOS on an iPad Air. I know that there are apps available but would prefer to use what I have.

Cheers

andy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.