Mixer connected to usb port?

Reaction score
MacOs detects mixer plugged into usb port. The driver listed is a samsung uc audio 1 and 2. The mixer has 8 mic inputs. But i can only create 2 tracks since the driver only has 2 inputs to select from?

am i only limited to 2 channels ?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
My, audio background is limited but I think there are a couple of things we need to know to be most helpful:

1. What Mac are you using and what OS version?
2. What mixer is being used?
3. What recording software is being used?

I have an idea what is going wrong but I won't be able to test it until tomorrow. I'd mention them now but I don't want to send you down an unnecessary rabbit hole.

OP
M
Reaction score
My, audio background is limited but I think there are a couple of things we need to know to be most helpful:

1. What Mac are you using and what OS version?
2. What mixer is being used?
3. What recording software is being used?

I have an idea what is going wrong but I won't be able to test it until tomorrow. I'd mention them now but I don't want to send you down an unnecessary rabbit hole.
Aaah forgot to give you that info.

Imac 4k retina, imac, macbook air which are older macs, but current macos versions.I have yamaha and harbinger mixers all with same issue. Using reaper and garageband.

btw, did not mean samsung. See attached

I should also mention I also have a focusrite audio interface that is detected correctly with the number of available inputs.

appreciate your inputs ✌️

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-07 at 7.26.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-07 at 7.26.13 AM.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks for that info. I'll do a bit of poking around to see what I can figure out. I don't remember if my simple Behringer mixer is detected correctly but I think it is. I'll try it later today and see what happens.

Reaction score
Is your mixer a 2-track stereo out mixer? If so, you may be limited to only the 2 tracks (ie. 1 & 2 or Left & Right).

If, however, your mixer is a multi-track mixer (MTK), you should have available as many tracks that your mixer/interface has.

Assuming your mixer is MTK, have you assigned each channel to the appropriate track in your audio software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
I missed this post, but big byte nailed it correctly.

Usb mixers often only have a 2 tracks stereo out through usb. The channels are available but summed to the stereo out

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.