Mail template question

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this so taking a flier.

I have created and sent a sort of greeting card in mail and wonder if there is a way to save that, perhaps on the desktop as a template that I could drag into mail, modify as required, and send to a new recipient. Just wondering.

Thank you

poppi

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
There used to be a feature in Mail called Stationary that would probably have made this easy. See here for directions https://www.idownloadblog.com/2018/07/05/mac-mail-app-stationery/ It appears that feature was dropped in Mojave.

I did something similar using Automator several years ago If you're interested in that route it may take me a day or two to rebuild it and test things. I think you could save the email in Mail's Draft folder till you are ready to use it.

krs

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this so taking a flier.

I have created and sent a sort of greeting card in mail and wonder if there is a way to save that, perhaps on the desktop as a template that I could drag into mail, modify as required, and send to a new recipient. Just wondering.
If I understand correctly - you want to save a greeting created in Apple Mail so that you can send it out again, possibly with some modulations, to a new recipient.
I do that by creating a mailbox (column on left) and dragging the sent mail from the 'sent' folder in mail into that folder.
When I want to resend that mail, I open it in Mail and select Message>Send Again, that allows you to select a new recipient and edit the email before you send it.
You can do that from the sent folder directly - I just like to move the message to a dedicated an properly named folder so I can find it quikly if needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.