Magic Mouse 2 not showing up in bluetooth menu

Reaction score
I updated from 11.6.4 to 11.6.5 last night and had my magic mouse 2 connected to the lightning cable that is connected to my iMac the entire night. It was at about 40% so even if it didn't charge anymore there should've been sufficient battery for it to connect when the computer restarted. However, when I logged back in the mouse would never connect. In this order I've restarted the computer multiple times, removed the mouse from the listed devices (since it would never connect), reset the bluetooth module, and factory reset the connected devices. Nothing has worked and the mouse still will not show up in the bluetooth menu. I've even tried connecting it to my MacBook and it doesn't show up there either. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Did you unplug the cable? And set the switch to on?

OP
dnbreaks
Reaction score
Yes, I unplugged the mouse from the cable and made sure the switch is on. Even turned it off for 5+ minutes and tried again... no luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Do you have anything else you could connect the mouse to? Just to see if it can connect to another device? I do know the battery can die. I have unfortunately killed a couple - usually due to old age.

Lisa

OP
dnbreaks
Reaction score
Tried connecting it to 2 other computers with no luck, but like I said it was at about 40% before I plugged it in last night and it was charging all night.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
It still should have tried to connect. It could be a bad internal battery. The mouse could have just died.

Lisa

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
It certainly doesn't sound like the mouse failing has anything to with the update you performed. Just coincidence?

OP
dnbreaks
Reaction score
Things are certainly leaning towards it just happened to die during the update. Was hoping there was some other way to reset it that Apple liked to keep hidden. Oh well, got another one on order. Thanks all for the suggestions!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.