Magic Mouse 2 Battery Drain

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Morning all

Is anyone else noticing their Magic Mouse 2 battery draining faster than usual since upgrading to Big Sur?

I could get a month of use out of mine between recharges, but my last re-charge (and first since the BS upgrade) saw the battery drain within a few days.

thanks, Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
A month to a few days is dramatic and not something I've seen with my keyboard and magic trackpad 2. My keyboard easily goes a couple of months without needing to recharge and the trackpad goes about a month or more. I'm also running Big Sur and was Catalina prior to that.

How old is your Magic Mouse 2? If sufficiently old, like everything else the battery might just be getting weaker.

OP
nickyr
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
thanks Ashwin

It's a couple of years old, the same age as my keyboard which is fine.

There's been no gradual decline in battery life which I'd expect as they got older, it just fell off a cliff after the BS upgrade.

I recharged it to 100% in the middle of last week, yesterday it was down to 29% and this morning it was stone dead! I charged my keyboard at the same time and that is still showing 97% health.

I'm recharging it again and I'll keep a close eye on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.