macOS and my Epson WF3720 loose Duplex printing option !

Reaction score
Hello,

I run macOS mojave 10.14.6 and maybe it's after mojave update : my printer settings in macOS have Two-sided Printing combobox option disabled !

I don't know why. Duplex printing works from Windows but not in macOS : option is grayed.

It's very strange and I try to re-install printer drivers but don't works.

Do you have same experience ?

Thank u for help.

c  2020-04-26 à 01.36.16.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Has that printer ever been able to do any Duplex printing with your setup???

And it seems some others had troubles with the same printer and a previous OS X version:
Duplex printing problem
Epson WF-3720 two-sided printing greyed o… - Apple Community

Does the Duplex printing option work with any other application???

EDIT:
And I'm sure you checked this guy and the instructions out
YouTube

- Patrick
======

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Have been a satisfied Epson user for many years and have always understood two sided printing is only available using Windows, not Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Have been a satisfied Epson user for many years and have always understood two sided printing is only available using Windows, not Macs.
And I have always had the opposite understanding.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wonder what the experience of the OP has been.

Maybe they may post back with a reply someday.

NOTE: It seems i cannot post again or using the Restore Auto-saved Content.

I would sure love to know what causes the intermittent problem. Admins...???

Maybe this one will work...

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know why. Duplex printing works from Windows but not in macOS : option is grayed.

It's very strange and I try to re-install printer drivers but don't works.

I wonder if the printer .plist preference file is damaged or if deleting it would help fix the problem, as a new one should be created.

It wouldn't hurt to try.

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Epson is usually good about keeping their drivers up to date. He should check the Epson web site for updated drivers.

However, I don't have a very good opinion about duplex printing in general. Paper jams, poor printing, ruined printing, etc. I have projects that I have accomplished using two sided printing, and honestly, it's not all that difficult to do it manually. Most good word processors allow for two sided printing when page numbering and so forth.

And Patrick:

It does seem like "auto restore" takes a short vacation now and then. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And Patrick:
It does seem like "auto restore" takes a short vacation now and then.

Thanks Charlie, but the problem isn't "auto restore" which seems to be working, it's the text in some posts that refuse to get posted, whether "auto restore" happened to be used or not.

The post appears to be getting posted, but then nothing happens and i get taken back to the previous page i was at. It's almost as if something is checking to see if i have permission to be posting, can't find anything and just hangs up and closes the window.

There is no sign of any "naughty" words or anything that i could see when it has happened that may cause a refusal. But it is bloody annoying, and sometimes I just end up giving up, even when I know my suggestion would probably fix the problem. That's really frustrating!!!

- Patrick
======

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Thanks Charlie, but the problem isn't "auto restore" which seems to be working, it's the text in some posts that refuse to get posted, whether "auto restore" happened to be used or not.

The post appears to be getting posted, but then nothing happens and i get taken back to the previous page i was at. It's almost as if something is checking to see if i have permission to be posting, can't find anything and just hangs up and closes the window.

There is no sign of any "naughty" words or anything that i could see when it has happened that may cause a refusal. But it is bloody annoying, and sometimes I just end up giving up, even when I know my suggestion would probably fix the problem. That's really frustrating!!!

- Patrick
======

I don’t know if this will help, but if you spend too long on a page, writing a response, before you hit “reply”, copy your entire post to the clipboard and reload the page, and paste your reply again, may avoid your issue?

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don’t know if this will help, but if you spend too long on a page, writing a response, before you hit “reply”,

Thanks Bob, but i have tried a similar copy and paste method but it did not help with the posting problem.

I would sure like to know what the cause is.

I have never experience the same problem on any other vbulletin listserv I am a member of. Only on mac-forums.com.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.