MacBookPro Keyboard management - ON/OFF user input

Reaction score
Hello Community,

I'm experiencing the following:

The bluetooth Magic Keyboard fits perfectly on top of the the latest gen MacBook Pro keyboards, all except few millimetres that it misses to completely cover the butterfly keyboard entirely. While the magic keyboard is a life saver to butterfly keys, it edges fall short and hit keys underneath. It's a solution to annoyance with an annoying consequence. :

Question:

Can MBP in-built keyboard be muted deliberately from the OS control settings, making it temporarily inactive, then easily switched back on?

I hope someone has a solution to this :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

Can MBP in-built keyboard be muted deliberately from the OS control settings, making it temporarily inactive, then easily switched back on?

No, it remains active all the time. You didn't mention which year model MacBook Pro you have but Apple will repair or replace the keyboard on certain models for free if they fail.

Apple Keyboard Service Program

OP
E
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums.

No, it remains active all the time. You didn't mention which year model MacBook Pro you have but Apple will repair or replace the keyboard on certain models for free if they fail.

Apple Keyboard Service Program

I wish the keyboard was replaced but due to liquid damage this 2017 MBP has no such privileges, thus alternative solution was magic keyboard.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I understand. Liquid damage voids any warranty as far as the keyboard is concerned. I'm afraid you'll just have to live with it unless you wish to pay for expensive repairs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.